The lamesa national bank
Over 100 years ago, on June 11, 1906, a new bank was chartered for
Lamesa, known as the First State Bank. The bank opened for
business on July 2, 1906 with a capital structure of $15,000 and a first
day’s deposits of $71,000. The bank evolved over the years to
become the Lamesa National Bank on July 30, 1927. It has been
locally owned and operated for over 100 years.
From its modest beginning, the bank’s capital has increased to over $ 23,000,000 and deposits now exceed $ 175,000,000. The Lamesa area has grown from just a few people to something over 14,000.
We are honored to have played a small part in the growth of this area and are keenly aware of our responsibility to foster continued growth through the exercise of sound banking principles and local involvement wherever needed.
As Lamesa’s only home owned and operated bank, we are proud of our tradition of providing outstanding service to the Dawson County community and look forward to continuing that tradition into the next century.