THIS NOTICE CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRIVACY OF PERSONAL
INFORMATION THAT LAMESA NATIONAL BANK COLLECTS ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS AND
HOW THAT INFORMATION IS USED.
The following questions and answers are designed to inform you, a customer of Lamesa National Bank, about the information that we collect about our customers, the sources of that information, the customer information we disclose and the circumstances in which we do so. It also describes the systems and procedures we have in place to make sure that information about you is kept confidential.
Q1. What categories of personal information about its customers does Lamesa National Bank collect?
A1. Lamesa National Bank collects information about its customers from FOUR different sources. They are:
- Information that customers provide on applications to us for our products and services;
- Information we receive in response to requests we make to third parties about our customers, particularly in the process of evaluating applications for loans;
- Information we receive from credit reporting agencies; and
- Information we receive from processing customers’ accounts with us and the transactions in those accounts, such as deposit accounts and loans, as well as information that we receive from providing services, such as trust services to customers.
Q2. Is any of this personal information
shared, and if so, with whom?
A2. Generally speaking, Lamesa National Bank does not share information about current or former customer’s with anyone, without prior written authorization by you, except as permitted by law.
These exceptions are limited to information needed to process and service a customer’s transactions with the bank and to facilitate other normal business transactions. Some examples include:
- Information needed to process and service customer requested/authorized transactions
- Information needed to protect a customer from fraud/unauthorized transactions
- Information in response to judicial processes
- Information required to comply with federal, state or local legal requirements.
Q3. What are Lamesa National Bank’s
policies and practices with respect to protecting the confidentiality,
security and integrity of information about its customers?
A3. It is the policy of the Lamesa National Bank to assure that the information it has about its customers is accurate. It is the policy of Lamesa National Bank that information it has about its customers is highly confidential and is available only to persons who have a need for the information to service a customer’s account properly, act upon a customer’s request or to fulfill that person’s job responsibility within Lamesa National Bank. Lamesa National Bank has extensive security procedures that insure that its confidentiality policy is followed. Customer information is maintained in paper-based files and databases in its automation systems. The bank’s automation systems have a complex set of passwords, user identifications and terminal identifications that limit each employee’s access to information required to carry out that person’s job responsibility. In addition, Lamesa National Bank has a complex system of “firewalls” surrounding its automation systems to ensure that access by unauthorized persons is prevented.
WE DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OUTSIDE COMPANIES FOR THE PURPOSE OF MARKETING NON-FINANCIAL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SO THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO TELL US NOT TO.